Sunday, October 08, 2006

After the Storm

Today, the preacher spoke about the "Gift of the Moment". There maybe things that don't go your way but if you let things happen, you just might find blessing.

A week and a half ago, a very strong typhoon hit the area where I reside and work. It left disorder unimagineable... Not really, but if you loose things important like water and power, the impact may be great.

Off duty, two days after the storm, I stayed at home. I'd normally finish small projects with the PC or probably just catch up on sleep. Since there still was no electrcity I found myself restringing and cleaning the classical guitar. I've neglected this acoustic instrument since I got Christina (check previous entries).

Not just new strings and a good polish, I even got a chance to file its bridge for maximum playing comfort! The power outage was a blessing is disguise. Oah Yeah!

Another thing that didn't go my way: Last tuesday, I was supposed to depart for Cebu, but my schedule was changed into a Melbourne-Sydney flight. It would have been perfect if I didn't have anything important planned for Cebu. But Man! Sydney had the most perfect weather and mood. Wow!

A few lessons were learned from that trip. And I'm glad I did NOT let any rain nor storm blind me from seeing the gifts of the moment. There may be things that don't go your way but if you let things happen, you just might find blessing.

3 Comments:

Blogger psylocke said...

you said it, bro...

October 11, 2006 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every once in awhile
We all need to cry.
To let go
Of things
We can never have,
Let the endless tears flow
When it rains, embrace it.
Feel the insecurities we've placed upon ourselves just die.

Every once in awhile,
We all need to scream
And get lost in all the pain we feel inside.
Release all our frustrations.
Feel our sanity slip away.

Every once in awhile ,
We all need to sing
Because it feels amazing.
When the sun shines, savor it.
Release all the words unspoken,
Feel the illusion of reality rip apart.

Every once in awhile
We all need to live
Give all we can give
Find a way to light the fire
Live, laugh, cry,scream, fight.

No matter what the weather is,
Love it and embrace it.
We are all special inside,
Release and express what you really are.

Do something crazy,
it feels amazing!

Who knows what the weather will bring?

~mitzh~

just sharing my thoughts..
hope you're doing OK, visit my 360 once in awhile OK? have a wonderful October..

October 15, 2006 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

…to be very specific… The Rocks for me is a venue where I want to hear to a lot of things… things that I neglect to listen to whenever I am in a very chaos world… The Rocks should have only been my Masterclass thesis and work on its technical feature called lighting… but I feel so blessed I saw a more beautiful, important and intangible facet of it…

Your blog is hilarious, educational, witty and truly amazing.

October 18, 2006 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home